Tim Goodwin is a singer, songwriter who plays a mix of folk, Americana, and blues. He also plays in an acoustic duo (Tim on guitar/harmonica and vocals and Bruce Jensen on stand-up bass). He lives in Northfield, Minnesota and his day job is associate professor of education at Bemidji State University, teaching in their online/hybrid undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Friday April 15 – Froggy Bottoms River Pub, 7:30 – 10:30
- Thursday June 2 – Songwriters in the Round 7:00 – 9:30
- Saturday June 18 – Turtle River Chophouse 5:30 – 7:30 (with Lance Heddan)
- Sunday June 19 – Lake Bemidji State Park 2:00 – 3:00
- Friday June 24 – Keepsake Cidery 5:00 – 7:00
- Saturday July 30 – Keepsake Cidery 4:00 – 6:00 (with Bruce Jensen)
- Friday August 12 – Armory Square 5:00 – 7:00
Purchase or stream at these digital services (among others)
Quaransummer 2020 EP
While hiding under my desk this summer I recorded a few new songs. A blues tune laughing at 2020, a couple of love songs (one sad, one happy), a mashup of iconic Bob Dylan lyrics, a tribute to John Lewis, and even a song about a dog (sort of). You can stream or purchase via the bandcamp link above. You can also watch the videos below.
The New American Way (2020 Album)
During the winter of 2019-2020 and into the pandemic spring I recorded an album of ten new songs, eight written by me, one co-written with one of my sheroes, Eliza Gilkyson (go buy her music!), and one is a revision of a very old folk protest song from the 1800s. Listen and read more about each song below. And if you’re old school (well, not vinyl old school) and want an actual CD, go to my contact page and I’ll send you a copy.
Listen to each song and read more about the writing of each song and the story behind each song. Link to Song by Song page.